How do I download and install a font?
Go to the website that you are using for fonts. I like these sites:
- Using INTERNET EXPLORER, browse or search for the font that
you wish to download. There should be a link of some sort that
or "WIN", click on this link.
- Windows will bring up a window asking if you want to OPEN or
SAVE this font file. Tell it to SAVE. Save it to a FONT folder
in your network space if you are interested in using this font
- Once the download is completed, click on OPEN from the download
- SELECT all of the files in the open window. If the only thing
in your window is a FOLDER, go into the folder and select all
files. Then click on EXTRACT ALL FILES on the left side of the
- The EXTRACTION WIZARD will pop up. Click NEXT.
- This is the hardest part of the operation. In the window that
comes up, click BROWSE, to tell the computer where to extract
your files. To start, we will EXTRACT them to your desktop and
then COPY the fonts to INSTALL them.
- Click on DESKTOP, then click OK.
- Back in the EXTRACTION WIZARD, click NEXT.
- Once the file has been extracted, make sure the SHOW EXTRACTED
FILES box is checked and click FINISH.
- Now we need to copy these font files to install them. SELECT
all of your files and right click to say COPY.
- Click on MY COMPUTER.
- Click on LOCAL DISK C:
- Click on WINDOWS.
- Click on FONTS.
- RIGHT CLICK to say PASTE.
- A couple of windows will pop up indicating that your fonts
are being installed. When this is done, exit.
- Your fonts should now be available in Photoshop or Fireworks!