AT THE START OF CLASS: We review our progress on the book and our coming deadlines.
WORK DAY: We preview our two current Yearbook assignments and our page assignments:
- BUSINESS AD SALES PROJECT:
- We are 2000 dollars short on our Yearbook Ad sales and we need to make this up as soon as possible. To that end, DANA has put up a FIFTY DOLLAR AMAZON GIFT CARD REWARD for the staff person that sells THE MOST ADS between today and next MONDAY. In the case of a tie, the staff person with the HIGHER DOLLAR VALUE OF ADS will be declared the winner.
- YOUR ASSIGNMENT: Sell at LEAST ONE business ad between now and next MONDAY. If we have each person sell at least one ad, we should reach our sales goal.
- Make sure to FINALIZE YOUR SALE with a signed sales receipt. Arrange for PAYMENT for the ad and for AD COPY for the company's ad!
- HERE IS THE VIEWABLE AND EDITABLE UPDATED LIST OF ALL OF OUR SALES SO FAR. Please use this before you hit up a business to make sure that we have not tried to sell there already.
- UPDATE THE LIST AS YOU VISIT BUSINESSES!
- OUR NEW WEEKLY PHOTO PROJECT:
- We will have these each week until the end of the year. These are CREATIVE photography assignments, designed to get you thinking and creating interesting photographic artwork. I will grade these for 20 points EACH MONDAY for the previous week.
- These photo projects are adapted from the photo challenge website 52frames.com. Feel free to visit!
- You may use your phone or a camera for your photography, but you must deliver AT LEAST one photograph each week into the WEEKLY_PHOTO_PROJECT folder for grading. Make sure your name and the TITLE of your photograph is included in the filename!
- This week's PHOTO PROJECT ASSIGNMENT- FOOD. Here is the link to the original 52frames.com FOOD CHALLENGE, if you would like to research and get ideas.
- Please note that these photo challenges are NOT necessarily designed to create photos to go into the Yearbook, but could be, if you take the proper photo!
- Mr. B. is offering a CASH PRIZE each week for the winners of this contest. Details to come!
- WE DISCUSS CLASSWORK AND OUR DIFFICULTIES IN GETTING IT COMPLETED.
- PAGE WORK: Almost everyone in the room has a page or two that needs to be worked on. We still owe TWENTY teacher's pages, all sports pages, student life pages, clubs pages, etc. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PAGE TO WORK ON, see me!