you begin: First, create a “autoCAD_4” folder
on your Q: Drive folder. Save all of
the following drawings into this folder.
this assignment, students will be learning how to do some basic dimensioning
and incorporate dimensions into their AutoCAD drawings.
The Tutorials: Before beginning, review these two short DIMENSIONING tutorials on youtube and on the Q: Drive, these are videos #72 and #73:
The Problems: For
all of the following problems, please make sure that you include all
of the dimensions from the book. Try to copy the formatting of the book's dimensioning as closely as possible, ESPECIALLY your DECIMAL PLACES!:
- PROBLEM 1: Closely follow the steps in this DIMSTYLE PROBLEM link. This will help you set up a blue_dims TEMPLATE file that you can open each time, so that you always have blue dimension lines available. From now on, start all problem with your BLUE_DIM_STYLE.DWT TEMPLATE.
- DRAWING 2: Page 139, Problem 2. (Draw and DIMENSION the figure. Watch
the rightmost post on this figure, the width IS NOT 1.5, it is 1.4!)
- DRAWING 3: Page
377, Problem 1. (ESTIMATE the position of the holes in this figure.
DIMENSION the figure
exactly as in the picture.)
- DRAWING 4: Page 665, Problem
1. (Draw and DIMENSION this figure.)
- DRAWING 5: Page 419, Problem
1. (Draw and DIMENSION the figure.)
PROBLEM 6: Page
934, Problem 49. (Draw the FRONT of this figure and
then dimension, using DIMENSION STYLE to change your PRIMARY
to FRACTIONAL. Format for entering a fractional number
in AutoCAD is "1-1/2" instead
SAVE all of your work to your “autoCAD_4” folder
on the Q: Drive for grading.