We have been working on creating our yearbook for most of this semester
and all students should be familiar with the use of yearbookavenue.com
as a tool for page creation. For this Final Examination, students
will be creating an exciting and creative yearbook page given only
some photographs and a page theme.
Each student has an already created PRACTICE PAGE on yearbookavenue.com.
To find your page:
- Log in to yearbookavenue.com
- Select CREATE>
PAGE DESIGNER from the home page menu.
- Once the blank page loads, select
the DESIGNS tab on the right side of the screen.
- From the PULL DOWN
MENU at the top of the DESIGNS panel, select PRACTICE PAGES in the CUSTOM section.
- Once you
have found your "FIRSTNAME_ FALL_FINAL" PAGE, click on the blue "I" icon
and select EDIT (see picture right).
- You are now ready to begin creating
DESIGNING THE PAGES: You
attend WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL, home of the DEMONS. The school colors
are GREEN and WHITE.
You are a member of the yearbook staff and your yearbook
editor has asked you to create the "HOMECOMING PARADE/ HOMECOMING DANCE" pages.
She has provided you with FOURTEEN different homecoming photographs, which
are already included on your PRACTICE PAGE.
Using ANY RESOURCES at your disposal (I HIGHLY recommend using LOOKBOOKS, which are piled in the middle of the room for your use!), create a vibrant and interesting yearbook double page layout. Keep
in mind the following
as you create your page:
- You can ONLY use the fourteen photographs that are already on your page. If you wish,
you can DELETE any of the photos and not use them. However, you cannot add
any other pictures. PLEASE resize or reshape or otherwise manipulate your photographs
to fit your needs.
- You are required to use the BOTH SIDES of the pages for your
design (I recommend parade on the left and dance on the right, but you can do what you wish!).
- You MUST include catchy headlines and sub-headlines that inform
the reader about the content on your page.
- You can use ANY colors, effects, shapes or fonts
that you wish on your page to make it interesting and exciting.
(Mr. B. has added some new fonts that you can use for this Final!) You
have to use the school colors on your page, but can if you wish.
- You MUST include apropriate STORIES on your page that discusses
the events and the photographs on your page. This story must be
AT LEAST 3-5 sentences
long! Your story must be logical and sensible for the photographs
displayed. You MUST use proper grammar, complete sentences and you
must SPELL EVERYTHING CORRECTLY!
- You MUST include CAPTIONS for each of your photographs. Captions will include the names of the people in the photograph, but should also include a sentence or two explaining the photograph, where appropriate. You
do not know any of these people, so just make up names and grades.
- FOR A HIGH GRADE, please include a separate "PULL OUT" story on each of your two pages regarding one of the photographs on your page that is separate from the main story.
- DO NOT follow our current yearbook templates or theme! I am looking for new and creative page designs. (Which is why I suggest looking through Lookbooks!).
FINAL COMPLETION: All students that are not exempt MUST complete this
Final Examination or risk failing the course. Exempt students do not
have to take the exam, but may wish to, if they feel that it may increase
their grade. Should a student be exempt from the midterm and perform
poorly, their grade will NOT be used in calculating their semester grade.
- Pleasing and creative use of photographs= 50
- Informative and catchy Headlines and Subheads, Use of interesting fonts on page= 50
- Interesting and logical story text on pages, using proper grammar
and spelling= 50 points possible.
- Proper Captioning of all Photographs, including "names"=
50 points possible.
- Proper "Pull Out" Story on both pages that gives in depth information regarding a particular photograph= 50
- Original and attractive page layout, includes all required elements, such as page number, page author, etc.= 50 points possible.