THE PROJECT: You
have been working in Illustrator to manipulate TEXT and to create and manipulate SHAPES. For this project, you will be creating a simple graphic illustration to be used for a simple business logo for a new client.
Here are the INSTRUCTIONS regarding the creation
of the company logo:
- You will be given the type of business and the illustration requested for the logo. YOU will need to supply an APPROPRIATE NAME for the company. This may help to guide your design. Any questions? See the owner! (Mr. B.)
- The owner would like to use an ORIGINAL graphic illustration of the object listed below. This being the case, you will need to create your illustration from a photographic image or some other type of "non-illustration" model. If you simply create your illustration from another illustration, you have copied the work of another and it is not ORIGINAL. You will create this illustration in Illustrator, using similar techniques that were used in the "Cartoon Illustration" and "Letter Logo" projects.
- The owner would also like to have his business name incorporated into his new logo as well. Keep this simple and complimentary to the ILLUSTRATION that you created for the logo.
- No more than THREE colors should be used in the creation
of the logo, remember BLACK and WHITE count as colors!
- The logo should be attractive and interesting and professional looking in all ways.
- The logo graphic should look attractive in a variety
of sizes, but should originally be created on a 10" x 10" artboard in Illustrator.
- OF CRITICAL IMPORTANCE: The logo should be COMPLETELY CREATED BY HAND! Stealing images from the internet will not be acceptable!
ALTERNATIVE PROJECT FOCUS: We have been discussing crowd sourcing of Graphic Design material in class lately. If the student wishes, for the year 2017, Spring Semester, the student may complete an alternate logo project to the one discussed below by completing the crowd sourced company logo seen at this link.
CREATION and SUBMISSION
OF THE LOGO: All students will create a logo, as outlined below. Grading is simple: Well-executed and creative designs= 100, Logo not completed or submitted= 0, ANYTHING ELSE= 50 points.
STUDENT COMPANY AND ILLUSTRATION ASSIGNMENTS:
||COMPANY AND REQUESTED ILLUSTRATION
||SMALL BREAKFAST RESTAURANT- CHICKEN
||DEISEL TRUCK REPAIR- RHINOCEROS
||TOY STORE- DINOSAUR
|Nathan, Krissy, Steven
||COMPUTER REPAIR SERVICE- ROBOT
||ART GALLERY- TREE
|Cheyenne, Estevan. Blake
||PRIVATE SATELLITE COMPANY-SATELLITE/PLANET
||HUNTING SUPPLY STORE- EAGLE